Keep in touch!Fill out my online form.
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Facebook
GrowLab, Vancouver’s largest tech accelerator, is looking for a part-time Social Media Intern to assist with our day-to-day social media activities. You will have the opportunity to collaborate on our overall communications strategy and contribute to our social media campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Execute GrowLab social media strategy (via Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, etc)
· Create 1-2 original blog posts per week
· Assist with creating and designing various marketing materials for print and web
· Assist with planning and hosting GrowLab Demo Day
· Other tasks as needed
Experience and Skill Set
· Working towards a degree/diploma in Marketing or Communications
· Understanding of and passion for online communication
· Ability to work autonomously
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong writing skill
· Experience with HootSuite, WordPress and MailChimp (preferred)
· Experience with Adobe suite – InDesign, Photoshop, and illustrator (preferred)
· Web savvy – experience with HTML (preferred)
This is a fast paced, team environment. We all wear different hats and run a lean startup where we work together to do whatever it takes to get things done!
This position is better suited for a student who is looking for opportunities to build his/her portfolio. If you like to work in a dynamic environment and are looking to learn from the best mentors in the tech industry, this is could be your ideal position.
Send your resume and coverletter explaining why you’d be the best person for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday, January 26th.
Please note that GrowLab’s Internship program asks for a minimum commitment of 2 months and that the role is unpaid.